Saturday, May 21, 2011

Act l Insight

As we began reading we saw that Nora is treated like a child. She is a grown woman with three children and she almost acts like one of them. Being babied her whole life its the only thing she really knows. Even today there are women who are spoiled/babied by their husbands. I know a woman who is a lot like Nora. Since shes a stay at home mom she spoiled and sheltered. Her husband supplies her everything she needs and she doesnt have to work for anything.
Nora is also being blackmaled by Krogstad. Since she borrowed money from him for her trip to Italy to save her husband's life she has to pay him back. She forged her fathers signature and Krogstad knows, but if he loses his job at the bank he'll tell about what Nora did. If I was being blackmaled, I'd probably do whatever I could to get rid of the person who was blackmaling me.
What would you do if you knew someone who babied or if you were being blackmaled?

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Honestly if i was being babied i'd have to kill my husband. He doesn't just baby her he calls her the most outragous names. Which makes my skin crawl everytime i hear Darnell read lines in class and Ms. Santos reply happily. (yuck)

    ReplyDelete